Panic attacks are not cool; many people suffer from them. Often it’s the fear of a panic attack that triggers the actual attack. The key is to lose the fear of another attack.
Here’s the video:
Regardless how bad panic attacks are, there are definitely some places that are worse to have them than others. Here’s my list of the worst places to have a panic attack.
- While operating machinery: Driving, flying a plane, a bull dozer, a crane … you get the point.
- Upon being proposed to: Most likely a panic attack will be perceived as a bad response. However, it could be considered and excellent response – a joy response.
- When proposing: Again could be construed as terrible or great.
- Giving a speech: This is the panic attack sufferer’s worst nightmare and should be avoided. Nothing will fuel future panic attacks like remembering that speech.
- Rock climbing – especially if not secured with ropes. No explanation needed. Actually, all extreme sports are terrible situations to suffer a panic attack – sky diving, downhill mountain biking, ice climbing, etc.
- Using power tools such as a chain saw, table saw, wood chipper, etc.
Generally, the worst places to have a panic attack involves humiliation or danger to self and others.
Okay, I know making this list doesn’t help prevent panic attacks; what I hope this list does will encourage panic attack sufferers to get treatment. It’s treatable and treatment could save your life and spare you humiliation.